Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Richard Wright: The Library Card

I'm not completely sure if i like this story or not. It took me a few paragraphs to get into it. To me the story has kind of a weird vibe. I don't like the way he makes the character seem like he's going crazy beccause of the books he's reading. As a reader i can definitely relate to the feelings he gets from books. Some books do make u think about your life and the world around you.. not always in a good way.
This story did have some depth to it and the mood was kind of depressing. It's probably the time period and events in that time period that make me think this way. I think he wrote this to show people that you can do whatever you choose to do. Even when it doesn't look like you have a chance, if u put your mind to something you can achieve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment