Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Annie Dillard's from An American Childhood.

I liked the light-heartedness of this story. To me it seems like she wrote it just for fun. But maybe she wrote it to teach kids not to throw snowballs at cars, they never kno what might happen.
It made me laugh that someone would run so far and be so determined just to yell at some kids throwing snowballs. It's kind of rediculous. I was sort of hoping something more exciting would happen though. I liked how the kids were more punished by having to run as much as they did rather then by the yelling the man did.
I thought her description of the chase scene was good, i could picture it very well in my head. This excerpt makes me wonder what the whole book is about and want to read some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment